Book nowMonitoring Licence Function Course
Are you currently working, or want to work where personally monitoring the safety and security of persons and property using an electronic monitoring device such as a Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) system, a radio or alarm system is required? If so, then this monitoring course is a must have for QLD security options and opportunities.
The Monitoring Licence function component in the CPP30411 CIII in Security Program is available in the Gold Coast to Brisbane, Cairns and north QLD areas supported by highly skilled security industry professionals.
Regal Security and Industry Training RTO No. 32331 is proud of its reputation in the delivery and assessment of nationally recognised programs, courses, industry security function and weapons safety licence refresher courses to exceed client, student and QLD business and community responsive safety and security confidence and expectations.
Regal Security & Industry Training is a training RTO provider and NOT a CRICOS RTO provider
- Pre-requisites: We highly recommend a minimum of Grade 10 level of English reading and writing, with modification of applicable learning and assessment tasks to meet pre-enrolment Language, Literacy and Numeracy checklist responses is provided.
- Handbook - program eligibility, conditions, review and appeal process; Enrolment Form and QLD licence application criteria available on the Form page
- Identification and Citizenship: Drivers Licence; 18+ Card; Credit Card with photo; Passport.
- Licence eligibility: 18 years or older with no convictions in past 10 years.
- Industry compliance: Training record requirement for QLD security licence - Monitoring function or inclusion for current QLD security licence holders.
CPP30411 CIII in Security Operations
Monitoring - Unit of Competency
- CPPSEC3020A Monitor security from a control room
- Monitoring and maintaining operational functions of an electronic reporting facility requiring the ability to monitor and maintain a range of electronic security and telecommunications systems, receive, interpret and transmit information and determine responses to security incidents and;
- Monitoring the security of persons and premises from a control room perspective requiring the ability to effectively operate security systems to monitor activities, co-ordinate appropriate responses to security incidents and organise back-up support to field staff.
The course is comprised of six elements:
- Monitor and maintain electronic security systems(e.g. back-up procedures to maintain security and integrity of security systems are implemented in accordance with organisational procedures)
- Process and organise data(e.g. data is entered, checked for accuracy and processed in accordance with organisational procedures)
- Respond to incident(e.g. security incidents are assessed on reported information for degree of risk to persons, property and premises)
- Prepare for operations(e.g. security systems are checked for correct operation in accordance with manufacturer's instructions)
- Monitor security activities(e.g. regular and systematic checks are made with field staff and assistance is organised as required in accordance with organisational procedures)
- Maintain security systems and information(e.g. change of shift procedures are carried out and ensure system and monitoring continuity in accordance with organisational procedures)
- Once enrolled, collect Guide and Workbook at our office for self-paced completion, with trainer contact phone/email support; or complete in:
- Completed Workbook activities are assessed to Unit evidence competency standards. Timely feedback of applicable assessment evidence gap solutions for re-assessment are available, as required.
- On successful course completion a Statement of Attainment will be issued to apply for the Monitoring function on your Security licence or application.
Enrolment and Fee
Fee: $150 per person
or $110 per person if completed as a Statement of Attainment in the CPP20212 CII in Security Operations Program